- 7 stories, 300-car garage
- Precast with metal panels
- Abundant natural light
- Owner: Main Line Health
- Architect: Nelson | Design Consultant: Eastman Black
- Location: King of Prussia, PA
- Square Feet: 100,000 SQ FT
- Sustainable Construction & Green Building
IMC's Innovative Approach to Project Challenges
Simplify the construction process and rapidly construct a complex facility on a small plot.
The original design included an elevator core within a parking facility. IMC suggested placing the core astride the parking, simplifying the structure’s function. IMC used pre-fabricated panels for the exterior envelope of the facility, vastly reducing the time to enclose it.
Placing the core astride the parking garage reduced the construction cost by over $1.5M. Reducing the time to enclose the building allowed the fit-out work to begin months earlier, shaving months off the project schedule.