- 19,000 SF hyper-specialty joint replacement facility
- 2 ORs, 8 recovery suites
- Physical therapy recovery rooms in small hotel-like setting
- Owner: Astoria Healthcare Properities
- Architect: Bernardon | Interiors: Pescatore Associates
- Location: Chadds Ford, PA
- Square Feet: 19,000 SQ FT
IMC's Innovative Approach to Project Challenges
This project was being constructed at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic when escalation, material availability and lead times were a significant challenge to the project budget and schedule.
Through detailed monitoring of market conditions and an expedited procurement effort, IMC was able to stay ahead of material availability and escalation issues. Roofing material was sourced from multiple vendors to stay on schedule, and siding was changed to eliminate any cost increase and keep the project on schedule.
Materials were evaluated consistently, confirming quantities and shipping dates with multiple vendors and suppliers. Despite the challenges from the pandemic, the project was completed on time with savings returned to the owner from material substitutions.